NHL Protocol Baseline Concussion Testing
The baseline concussion testing is a computerized test that takes about 25 minutes to complete. This baseline exam provides physicians comparative data should an athlete suffer a concussion. The baseline test has proven to be an intricate piece for assessing recovery and determining a return to play timeline.
The ImPACT Test is:
- One important piece of the overall concussion evaluation and management process.
- A sophisticated test of cognitive abilities.
- The most scientifically researched concussion management tool.
- A tool that can help health care professionals track recovery of cognitive processes following concussion.
- A tool to help communicate post-concussion status to athletes, coaches, parents, clinicians.
- A tool that helps health care professionals and educators make decisions about academic needs following concussion.
Baseline Cognitive Concussion Testing Measures:
- Reaction time
- Attention span
- Working memory
- Response variability
- Non-verbal problem solving
- Sustained and selective attention time
Have more questions about concussions? Click here for more information.
Individual baseline assessment. . . . . $25 + HST
Team Price for Baseline Assessment (Up to 15 Players). . . . . $275 + HST
Each Additional Player. . . . . $15 + HST
Post-Concussion Testing. . . . . $35 + HST
Test is covered by Hockey Canada Player Insurance.
If you have any questions, or would like to arrange testing, please email: email@example.com